No sympathy for rapists, no sympathy for abusers, no sympathy for those who side with them. No excuses for their behavior, no justifications, no exceptions.
the complete set of posters, made by students at New College of Florida.
proceeds to print out and plaster these everywhere
One day, whether you
you will stumble upon
someone who will start
a fire in you that cannot die.
However, the saddest,
most awful truth
you will ever come to find––
is they are not always
with whom we spend our lives.
Seven week old puppies playing with mommy.
SO MANY GOLDENS! ACK
Eeyore is just one of those characters that you wanna scoop up and hug forever.
One awesome thing about Eeyore is that even though he is basically clinically depressed, he still gets invited to participate in adventures and shenanigans with all of his friends. And they never expect him to pretend to feel happy, they just love him anyway, and they never leave him behind or ask him to change.
Another awesome fact about Eeyore: he is voiced by Optimus Prime.
In the confused swirl of combat at Saunders Field, the fighting sometimes took on a peculiarly personal tone. John Worsham of the Twenty-first Virginia Infantry described one such encounter in his book, One of Jackson’s Foot Cavalry.
"Running midway across the little field was a gully that had been washed by the rains. In their retreat many of the enemy went into this gully for protection from our fire. When we advanced to it, we ordered them out and to the rear. All came out except one, who had hidden under an overhanging bank and was overlooked. When we fell back across the field, the Yankees who followed us to the edge of the woods shot at us as we crossed. One of our men, thinking the fire too warm, dropped into the gully for protection. Now there was a Yankee and a Confederate in the gully—and each was ignorant of the presence of the other!
After awhile they commenced to move about in the gully, there being no danger so long as they did not show themselves. Soon they came in view of each other, and they commenced to banter. Then they decided that they would go into the road and have a regular fist and skull fight, the best man to have the other as his prisoner. While both sides were firing, the two men came into the road about midway between the lines of battle, and in full view of both sides around the field. They surely created a commotion, because both sides ceased firing! When the two men took off their coats and commenced to fight with their fists, a yell went up along each line, and men rushed to the edge of the opening for a better view! The ‘Johnny’ soon had the ‘Yank’ down; the Yank surrendered, and both quietly rolled into the gully. Here they remained until nightfall, when the ‘Johnny’ brought the Yankee into our line. In the meantime, the disappearance of the two men into the gully was the signal for the resumption of firing. Such is war!”
when you’re tired and people force you to do something for them
Put that man on the ground!
Home-mades, Stanislava Pinchuk
Home-made tattoos for friends & friends of friends, playing with memory, space & geography turned back on the body, all completed as trades.
- Wildflower with galaxy spores: traded for tailoring
- Australian native lilacs & wildflowers: traded for a house-plant & a necklace
- Orion’s belt, drawn from memory: traded for dinner
- L: Twin Branches: traded for a wallet & necklace, R: A map of the NYC high line from memory: traded for the most amazing crystal
- Shield (Constellation): traded for house plants
- Solar Eclipse: traded for dinner
- L: Constellation (Diamond): traded for a drawing, R: Wolf with a city on its back: traded for a drawing
- L: A map within a firework exploding, marking north, Berlin, Vancouver & Melbourne in its rays, brother & sister before parting again: traded for whiskey, R: Twin Branches (Constellation): traded for a drawing
- L: Constellation like mountain: traded for home-cooking, R: Twin Branches: traded for whiskey
- A map of 4 cities between Melbourne (Constellation): traded for a drawing
Page 1 of 167